Democratic presidential candidate Cory Booker’s campaign published a memo Saturday asking readers to help raise $1.7 million in next 10 days to keep him in the race.
There are still 20 candidates in the running for the Democratic nomination, and Booker ranks in the seventh spot as the candidate registered voters would most like to see as the nominee, according to Fox News’ latest poll from Sept. 15 to 17.
Booker campaign manager Addisu Demissie, however, explained in a Medium post that the candidate might not be in the race “much longer” if donors can’t cough up $1.7 million by 11:59 p.m. Sept. 30.
“If our campaign is not in a financial position to grow, [Booker is] not going to continue to consume resources and attention that can be used to focus on beating Donald Trump, which needs to be everyone’s first priority in this election. … We literally cannot wait for support to come later,” Demissie wrote.
Booker also tweeted Saturday morning to ask for more donations. (RELATED: Booker Mixes Up His Fact Checks On Big Pharma)
This isn’t an end-of-quarter stunt. This is a real, unvarnished look under the hood of our campaign at a level of transparency unprecedented in presidential politics.
We’re at a crossroads in this campaign. We need to raise $1.7 million by September 30 to be in a position to build the organization we need to compete for the nomination—and we can do it—but if we don’t, we don’t see a legitimate long-term path forward.5779:16 AM – Sep 21, 2019Twitter Ads info and privacy893 people are talking about this
Booker has campaigned largely on the importance of pushing President Donald Trump out of office and coming from a rough-around-the-edges neighborhood in New Jersey that has influenced his politics.
“I hear gunshots in my neighborhood,” Booker said at the June 26 Democratic primary debate in Miami. “I think I’m the only one — I hope I’m the only one on this panel — who had seven people shot in their neighborhood just last week.”
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags : cory bookerelections 2020medium
Follow Audrey on TwitterSponsored Content
- Which 2019 Luxury SUV Is Worth Buying? Search For Top Luxury SUVs Lease DealsYahoo! Search
- Gorgeous Wide-Leg Fitted Denim Zip JumpsuitNeiman Marcus
- Lantern Sleeve Self Belted Ruffle DressSHEIN
- AERIE LONG SLEEVE V-NECK T-SHIRTAMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS
- Destin Satchel Vegan Studded WhipstichSole Society
- Citi Rewards+℠ CardCiti
- Evening Update: Pro-Gun Mom Confronts Beto, More Bad News For Ilhan Omar, Fact Checkers…
- Only Nine Students Show Up To White Privilege Workshop At School Of 30,000
- Anti-ICE Activists, Communists Protest Outside Home Of Detention Center Warden
- Kim Kardashian And Kanye West In Trouble With Wyoming Officials For Harassing Animals
- HIGHLIGHTS: Wisconsin Blows Out Michigan In Epic Fashion
- Ukrainian Foreign Minister Defends Trump Talk: ‘No Pressure’
A new conversation is coming to Daily CallerEmail AddressSign Up
1Whistleblower Had No ‘Direct Knowledge’ Of Trump Telephone CallPOLITICS2‘Ask The Right Questions!’: Biden Snaps At Fox News Reporter Peter DoocyPOLITICS3Pence Under Fire For Motorcade On Island Where Cars Have Have Been Banned For Over A CenturyUS4Woman Who Confronted Beto O’Rourke Speaks Out, And She’s Got A Message For President TrumpMEDIA5Pompeo Defends Sanctions, Says They Will Deny Iran ‘Resources’ For Further StrikesMEDIA