Type to search

Health World

Chinese official confirms that China ordered labs to destroy coronavirus samples

Share

Peter Hasson on May 17, 2020

A senior Chinese government official confirmed Friday that authorities ordered laboratories to destroy samples of coronavirus in early January.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had accused Chinese officials of ordering the samples’ destruction as part of the regime’s cover-up of the coronavirus outbreak in its early stages.

Pompeo said on April 22 that China “censored those who tried to warn the world, it ordered a halt to testing of new samples, and it destroyed existing samples.” He offered more specificity on May 6, stating that China’s National Health Commission [NHC] ordered virus samples destroyed on Jan. 3.

NHC official Liu Dengfeng conceded at a briefing on Friday that the agency had ordered the labs to destroy the samples, but said that the order was given for safety reasons.

“If the laboratory conditions cannot meet the requirements for the safe preservation of samples, the samples should be destroyed on the spot or transferred to a professional institution for safekeeping,” Dengfend said, according to The Wall Street Journal.

“Based on comprehensive research and expert opinion, we decided to temporarily manage the pathogen causing the pneumonia as Class II — highly pathogenic — and imposed biosafety requirements on sample collection, transport and experimental activities, as well as destroying the samples,” Dengfeng said, according to the South China Morning Post.

Chinese officials repeatedly suppressed the truth about coronavirus.

Chinese authorities silenced doctors, whistleblowers and journalists who sought to warn the public about the virus.

The majority view among the U.S. intelligence community agencies is that COVID-19 is a naturally occurring virus that accidentally leaked out of a laboratory in Wuhan, China, a senior intelligence official previously told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

China has stonewalled the rest of the world, including the China-friendly World Health Organization, from its investigation into the virus’s origins.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Scroll down to comment!

You Might Like
Learn more about RevenueStripe...
Daily Caller News Foundation
Daily Caller News Foundation

Founded by Tucker Carlson, a 25-year veteran of print and broadcast media, and Neil Patel, former chief policy adviser to Vice President Dick Cheney, The Daily Caller News Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit providing original investigative reporting from a team of professional reporters that operates for the public benefit.

  • 1

3 Comments

  1. Avatar
    Boomer May 17, 2020

    Stop the Chinese, they care nothing about their people, and they sure don’t care about us. The evils they will go to swipe us out along with evil Fauci and Soros and Bill Gates

    Reply
  2. Avatar
    Jojodmonkey May 17, 2020

    For the safety of their lie?

    Reply
  3. Avatar
    Gary Hull May 18, 2020

    Based on current criteria for establishing COV-19 as cause of death the stats are vastly overstated.

    Reply

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

DON’T MISS OUT!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
There are a million ways to get your news.
We want to be your one in a million.
Stay Updated
Give it a try, you can unsubscribe anytime.
close-link