Type to search

News

Kellyanne Conway announces White House departure

Top presidential adviser Kellyanne Conway announced that she would be stepping away from the Trump White House at the end of the month, while her husband George, a frequent Trump critic, announced he’d be stepping away from his anti-Trump group immediately.  

Both say the moves are so that they can concentrate more on family.

Kellyanne Conway, one of Trump’s longest-serving advisers, is slated to speak before the Republican National Convention this week.  According to sources with the RNC, those plans have not changed.

“I will be transitioning from the White House at the end of this month,” said Mrs. Conway in a tweet. “George is also making changes. We disagree about plenty but we are united on what matters most: the kids.”  

She cited the unusual schooling conditions because of the pandemic as one reason why both Conways have decided to step away from politics at this time.

The husband and wife pair have made themselves somewhat controversial figures because of the passion with which each defends their views of Donald Trump, at both extremes.

George Conway has been a fierce critic, condemning the president in violent rhetoric on Twitter. Mr. Conway says that his departure from the anti-Trump Lincoln group will also come with a “Twitter hiatus.”

“So I’m withdrawing from @ProjectLincoln to devote more time to family matters. And I’ll be taking a Twitter hiatus. Needless to say, I continue to support the Lincoln Project and its mission. Passionately,” tweeted Conway.

Subsequently his Twitter account has been locked.

Kellyanne, on the other hand, has been seen as one of the most passionate defenders of the president, who’s tenure goes back to the 2016 election.

At times, however, Americans have struggled to understand how two of the most polarizing figures in America can find their way, together, through one of the most polarizing times in America.

Americans aren’t alone.

Previously, the Conways’ 15-year-old daughter had said that she would be seeking “emancipation” from both parents, a legal term that allows minor children to be legally independent of both parents.

“I’m officially pushing for emancipation. Buckle up because this is probably going to be public one way or another, unfortunately. Welcome to my life,” 15-year-old Claudia Conway said in a tweet on Saturday night.  

Mrs. Conway made oblique reference to the tweet in her statement.

“This is completely my choice and my voice. In time, I will announce future plans. For now, and for my beloved children, it will be less drama, more mama,” added Mrs. Conway.

Scroll down to comment!

DON’T MISS OUT!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
There are a million ways to get your news.
We want to be your one in a million.
Stay Updated
Give it a try, you can unsubscribe anytime.
close-link
Send this to a friend