Type to search

We The People Store: Get your conservative merch today!
Election Politics

C-SPAN’s Steve Scully suspended after lying about Twitter hack

Avatar
Share

On Thursday, C-SPAN suspended their political editor, Steve Scully, for lying about his Twitter account being hacked after he accidentally tweeted a message to Anthony Scaramucci, a former Trump adviser.

Scully’s tweet was met with harsh criticism as most were able to conclude that the tv host meant to send Scaramucci a private message.

“@Scaramucci should I respond to trump,” Scully wrote in a tweet before deleting it.

Scaramucci replied: “Ignore. He is having a hard enough time. Some more bad stuff about to go down.”

Scully immediately said that his Twitter account had been hacked but most weren’t buying it, including President Donald Trump. The president was unhappy that Scully, a former intern for Joe Biden and staffer to Sen. Ted Kennedy was slated to host the now canceled second presidential debate.

“We are very saddened by this news and do not condone his actions,” C-SPAN said. “Starting immediately, we have placed Steve on administrative leave. After some distance from this episode, we believe in his ability to continue to contribute to C-SPAN.”

Trump was quick to respond to the news.

“I was right again! Steve Scully just admitted he was lying about his Twitter being hacked. The Debate was Rigged! He was suspended from @cspan indefinitely. The Trump Campaign was not treated fairly by the ‘Commission’. Did I show good instincts in being the first to know?” Trump tweeted.

Scully said that his lying was an error in judgment and he is totally responsible.

“These actions have let down a lot of people, including my colleagues at C-SPAN, where I have worked for the past 30 years, professional colleagues in the media, and the team at the Commission on Presidential Debates,” Scully wrote in a statement. “I ask for their forgiveness as I try to move forward in a moment of reflection and disappointment in myself.”

Many are now accusing the Commission on Presidential Debates of canceling the second debate in order to protect Scully. They had previously defended him and said they were investigating the supposed hack with the authorities. The commission did not respond to a request for comment from the media.

Scully has a history of blaming hackers for posts he had made on social media including once in 2012 and again in 2013.

Scroll down to comment!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

DON’T MISS OUT!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
There are a million ways to get your news.
We want to be your one in a million.
Stay Updated
Give it a try, you can unsubscribe anytime.
close-link