Type to search


Homeowner with Biden sign accosted by protestors, told pleas for peace are ‘white supremacy’

In Portland, Oregon on election night, roughly 400 protesters shut down the streets of SE Portland. They confronted Portlanders at their homes, including a family with a “Biden Harris” sign. The homeowner said, “There’s my Biden sign. Don’t destroy anything.” “Be peaceful.” He did not get the response he was hoping for or expecting.

Someone from the Black Lives Matter and Antifa ranks yelled back at the man, “No one cares about your white a** opinion!”

Another responded, “Who do you think you are telling black people how to protest? You f***ing white a** privilege old man.”

Then another shouted, “You ask for a peaceful protest. It’s white supremacy! Asking for people to be peaceful is white supremacy!”

Yet another protester started chanting, “We don’t need white people to speak for black people.”

Then the homeowner was informed: “You just came out to instigate violence.”

The homeowner strode out into the middle of the protest to confront them. He was told by one of the leaders, “At this point, you’re distracting the movement so go the f*** home!”

The man tried to tell them he was on their side and they screamed in his face, “No, you’re not!” Obscenities flew and they were literally face-to-face in their confrontation.

Then things got violent. Another man screamed, “Don’t touch me!” and ran off with an activist in hot pursuit because he was recording the protesters. They wound up on the ground in a fistfight and it had to be broken up by other activists.

The man started yelling, “I’ll leave, I’ll leave! Give me my phone!”

The exchange ended with the man saying, “I will apologize — just give me my phone back!”

These are the same protests where police made arrests and seized fireworks, hammers, and a rifle. Governor Kate Brown activated the state’s National Guard in response to “widespread violence” on the night after voting in the U.S. presidential election. 11 people were arrested in the chaos that night.

The rally and march/protest, hosted by the group All Power To The People, started and ended at Southeast Portland’s Revolution Hall. The three-hour march was led by a convoy including at least half a dozen protesters armed with assault rifles, knives, and a shotgun. Demonstrators burned U.S. flags during the march.

The group began marching just after 8 p.m. and headed east on Belmont Street. People were reportedly shining lights into people’s apartments and asking them to come out into the streets. “Hey, stick your head out the window, tell us how the election is going — and then maybe slip on your shoes and come help us start a revolution,” shouted one activist.

They marched to Laurelhurst Park and then circled back to Revolution Hall. The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office estimated there were about 400 people in the group of marchers.

The protesters demanded that every vote be counted and called for racial justice. Some of the activists were throwing Molotov cocktails and glass bottles at law enforcement. A riot was declared.

At 9 p.m. Tuesday, Portland Police and the unified command released a video message stating that some individuals marched in the streets and openly carried firearms. They asked drivers in the area to remain cautious.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter
There are a million ways to get your news.
We want to be your one in a million.
Stay Updated
Give it a try, you can unsubscribe anytime.
Send this to a friend