Type to search


Nashville bomber exhibited erratic behavior, claimed he had cancer before explosion

The Nashville suicide bomber has been identified as Anthony Quinn Warner, 63, by federal authorities. His remains were found among the debris after the blast that damaged or destroyed more than 41 businesses and injured three in downtown Nashville on Christmas morning. Warner blew up his RV in front of the AT&T transmission building after playing a recording that advised everyone to get out of the area because of the bomb.

Warner’s DNA was used to identify his remains that were found at the scene. The FBI said they also matched the RV’s vehicle identification number to a registration belonging to Warner.

The authorities believe Warner acted alone, but they haven’t ascertained exactly what his motive was. He wasn’t a known entity to the police before the Christmas blast.

The bombing was obviously carefully planned. A digitized recording of a female voice played to warn people to get out and it was carried out on a holiday when the streets would pretty much be deserted. Mass murder was not the endgame here. The recording gave everyone 15 minutes to clear the area and that is exactly what heroic police set out to do.

Then the audio switched to a recording of Petula Clark’s 1964 hit ‘Downtown’ shortly before the blast.

Warner grew up in Antioch and attended Antioch High School, graduating in the mid-1970s before settling down in the same community and working various IT jobs.

He is said to have been a computer consultant who worked as an independent contractor for Fridrich & Clark Realty, a Nashville-based real estate firm.

Fridrich and Clark’s president Steve Fridrich told Fox News that Warner was never an employee at the company but occasionally serviced its computers as an independent contractor. Fridrich said that Warner announced his retirement earlier this month and has had no further contact with the company since that time.

“Upon learning that Tony is a suspect in the bombing on 2nd Avenue on Christmas morning, Fridrich & Clark notified the authorities that he had provided IT services to our firm,” the company stated. “The Tony Warner we knew is a nice person who never exhibited any behavior which was less than professional.”

Cellphone service and police and hospital communications in several Southern states are still severely hampered as the company works to restore service.

Warner claimed to have cancer and was allegedly giving away his possessions weeks before the bombing. He was a lifelong bachelor and gave his ex-girlfriend his car.

Warner was described as a conspiracy theorist. Among other strange details concerning the man, his own mother sued him last year in a property dispute.

A source close to the investigation told WSMV, Nashville’s NBC affiliated TV station, that agents were probing whether Warner was paranoid about 5G technology supposedly being used to spy on Americans. His father worked for BellSouth and died of dementia which may have played into his paranoia as well.

AT&T provides 5G service across the country.

County records unearthed Sunday showed that Warner had transferred two Nashville area homes in the last two years to a 29-year-old Los Angeles entertainment executive, but their relationship was not immediately clear. The executive, Michelle Swing, has not publicly stated whether she knew Warner and has denied knowledge about the two homes. Bizarrely, her cell phone number was scribbled on a note and is currently pinned to the back door of the neatly-kept duplex that Warner called home.

A recent report claims that Warner informed Swing of the transfer in a strange letter last month.

“The attic has plywood and lighting, take a look. The basement is not normal, take a look,” Warner allegedly wrote in the letter. He ended the letter with the words: “Woof woof Julio.”

Swing evidently told investigators that she last spoke to Warner a week before Thanksgiving and that she had never met him in person. It is rumored he was dating her mother.

Investigators are following up on all leads. The bomber was a quiet, nerdy, recluse whose neighbors thought was odd but nice. At this point, it appears Warner had mental and terminal health issues and decided to make an explosive statement on the way out.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter
There are a million ways to get your news.
We want to be your one in a million.
Stay Updated
Give it a try, you can unsubscribe anytime.
Send this to a friend