Cops suspect worse when NFL owner found turning blue

More information is beginning to surface concerning Colts owner Jim Irsay who was found unresponsive in December, turning blue and was cold to the touch in a suspected overdose.

Irsay was found on December 8 around 4:30 am at his home in Carmel, Indiana gasping for air. His estate staff told police he had fallen in the bathroom and they had moved him to his bedroom. Police determined that the incident was an “overdose” and “overdose/poisoning,” according to a report by TMZ.

When officers found him, Irsay was having severe breathing issues, had a weak pulse, and constricted pupils, according to the police report filed on the incident.

Police tried to rouse Irsay by rubbing his sternum, according to TMZ. He was given a dose of Narcan that “he responded slightly” to.

(Video Credit: FOX59 News)

Shortly after that, paramedics arrived on the scene and administered “lifesaving efforts.” Irsay was then taken to a nearby hospital by ambulance. A list of medications that the football coach was taking at the time was given to the police by a caretaker.

“At this time, it is unknown what Mr. Irsay had ingested prior to our arrival,” police noted in their report.

“This incident happened roughly one month before the Colts announced on Jan. 9 that Irsay was being treated for a ‘severe respiratory illness’ that caused him to miss a scheduled show for his band,” the New York Post reported.

“An ESPN Colts reporter noted at the time that Irsay, who is one of the more highly visible owners in the NFL, had not been seen in public for several weeks,” the media outlet added.

“While this unfortunately means he won’t be able to perform with his band this week in Los Angeles, he is receiving excellent care and looks forward to returning to the stage as soon as possible,” the Colts’ statement announced earlier in January. “We’ll have no additional information at this time and we ask that you respect the privacy of Jim and his family as he recovers.”

In November, Irsay told sports journalist Andrea Kramer that he had previously battled addiction. He told her that he had been in rehab “at least 15 times” and overdosed once after mixing multiple drugs while trying to detox.

“All of a sudden I started slurring my words and then code blue, I stopped breathing,” Irsay confided to Kramer during an episode of “Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel.” “And they revived me, and the doctor goes, ‘Jim, you’re one lucky man because I had signed, virtually, the death certificate.'”

It is unknown if this hospitalization is connected to the incident in December.

Thanks for sharing!
[firefly_email_form list_id='169,203,200,188' show_labels=false]